SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

External users access to use People Search in O365

We have B2B external users in SharePoint Online that would need to use our people search-based corporate directory. This has been working before but recently external users have been seeing only "nothing found" view.

10 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Schneika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would external User with Guest Access get access to the new Microsoft Search for Bing Connectors?

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anything changed? Instead of "nothing found," I'm seeing an access denied error. My external users have access to the Search site and can run searches on Everything, but always get access denied on the People tab.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Several guest users in azure ad for the tenant and they all collaborate so to keep a people directory and not having to create lists and instead reuse information from azure ad this featur should be availible since it´s not only documents they search but contactinformation to other users in the site...

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also have this issue. The people search is working for some external users, but not all.

• Nick Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is crazy that when sharing files / folders in OneDrive and you start to type an email address or name to send the share to, that the search does not look at your People in Outlook.

Feedback and Knowledge Base