SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ....

Pages created using custom Page Layout don't get indexed

Pages created using a page layout (layouts created via the Design Manager, no additional custom code, only what was provisioned by the tool), don't get indexed and therefore aren't searchable.
Pages that can't be searched become pretty useless as users aren't able to find them and they can't be displayed in any search-based web parts.
This issue has been known for over two years now - please fix it asap.

33 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elissa Klotz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This makes me hesitate to move to modern sites....its all about design and not about findability. Great for sites with less than 50 pieces of content, but once you have 100, 200, 500...if I can't find the information what good is a global enterprise collaboration system?

• Debanshu Debroy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely support this. Do not understand the rationale of allowing custom page layouts and then don't allow them not to get indexed. Adding standalone functionalities without assessing how they impact the overall end user experience really makes such functionalities a mere technical exercise. I really think the developers of modern site platform missed out most powerful aspect of this platform which is the search capability. Sharepoint has so much potential only if they can focus on making the search engine better.

Feedback and Knowledge Base