SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft SharePoint Apps for iOS?

List View

The SharePoint apps is a powerful tools, it allow user to view their SharePoint sites, document library, list and so on, however I do found that is a problem if this part can be improve will be fantastic, I have a list I have hide some of the information from the list by modify the view, however when I open the list from the SharePoint apps, all the information are showing up from the apps, really hope the developer could improve in this part which is the list view will follow the view settings from SharePoint instead, for instance I have list with column Name, Employee number, email and phone number, I don't want others to see Employee Number then I hide it, however when open in the SharePoint apps I can see all the column data, hope your can get what I mean thank you.

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often need to SharePoint lists to only show the user their list items and not those of others. the SharePoint app makes all list items available so makes it unusable. its a real shame as otherwise i love the app. is there a work around for this or is MS looking into it?

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a list with lengthy column names as it's used as an evaluation tool. The column names are not wrapping and is running off the screen so you can't see the question. The column ordering is all wrong too and doesn't reflect what the list has. If you view this list in classic view, it actually looks good, however if you add an attachment classic view it fails adding the item. However you're able to add an attachment while in modern view, but again, all the columns are out of order. A PowerApp could fix this, however from what I understand you're unable to add attachments to a SharePoint list using PowerApps and is coming functionality. With that being said, all three options would give us what we need, but provide a horrible user experience.

Feedback and Knowledge Base