SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft SharePoint Apps for iOS?

List View

The SharePoint apps is a powerful tools, it allow user to view their SharePoint sites, document library, list and so on, however I do found that is a problem if this part can be improve will be fantastic, I have a list I have hide some of the information from the list by modify the view, however when I open the list from the SharePoint apps, all the information are showing up from the apps, really hope the developer could improve in this part which is the list view will follow the view settings from SharePoint instead, for instance I have list with column Name, Employee number, email and phone number, I don't want others to see Employee Number then I hide it, however when open in the SharePoint apps I can see all the column data, hope your can get what I mean thank you.

163 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big issue for us as I have numerous views that apply to specific users and would like to have a quick link for each view. The goal is for them to stay in the SharePoint App rather than have to go to browser view for this.

• Jake Mannion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my voice here as well. This is a significant barrier to adoption for us. Parity between the browser and mobile experience when working with list + library views must get better before this app is usable.

Please configure JSON formatting for mobile, too.

• james commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It also needs to take account of if column or view formatting been applied - so it looks just as it would if opened in a browser. The view formatting, like some of the sp starter kit examples, where icons can run flows etc would be the perfect fit for mobile devices

• Matt “SpE” Spewak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The mobile SP app is not useful at this time, or worse, it's problematic in that it does not reflect key design decisions (like filters on lists) made by site owners. It acts more like a developer front end-tool. Not something I would advocate any of our 35,000 potential users use. It's a shame. I hope MS improves the experience!

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same problem with document-libraries. The app is not usable if it ignores [me] filter.

• Walter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SharePoint lists become useless with this app. Anyone who downloads the app has access to sensitive data.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often need to SharePoint lists to only show the user their list items and not those of others. the SharePoint app makes all list items available so makes it unusable. its a real shame as otherwise i love the app. is there a work around for this or is MS looking into it?

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a list with lengthy column names as it's used as an evaluation tool. The column names are not wrapping and is running off the screen so you can't see the question. The column ordering is all wrong too and doesn't reflect what the list has. If you view this list in classic view, it actually looks good, however if you add an attachment classic view it fails adding the item. However you're able to add an attachment while in modern view, but again, all the columns are out of order. A PowerApp could fix this, however from what I understand you're unable to add attachments to a SharePoint list using PowerApps and is coming functionality. With that being said, all three options would give us what we need, but provide a horrible user experience.

Feedback and Knowledge Base