SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft SharePoint Apps for iOS?

Allow to attach SharePoint files to emails on Outlook and Mail apps

It is not possible to set SharePoint app as an storage account for both Mail and Outlook apps. So, it's not possible to attach SharePoint files to an email on both apps. It's really absurd to be able to do it with Dropbox and not with SharePoint, the main storage account for companies subscribed to O365!!

423 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fernando shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those of you mentioning a SharePoint file attachment workaround (using the iOS OneDrive, sites, share a copy via Outlook) I will point out that this is sub-par. We want to be able to invoke the attachment during a reply while in the iOS Outlook app, so that the attachment stays part of the email thread. Basic functionality. Please add this feature Microsoft.

• Karl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a way to do this:

Open your OneDrive App
        Touch Sites (at the bottom of the screen)
        Choose your library
        Browse until you find your file.
        Open your file.
        Press the SHARE icon
        Select 'Send a Copy' at the bottom of the screen
        Choose you email program and the file is attached.

This only works for composing new email, it does not work when replying.

• Karl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality used to work the way as Anonymous points out below but now it doesn’t work. What happened?

• AL - Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Migrated to O365 and come to find out now that we are knee deep into a project the feature to attach a sharepoint file from Outlook app is not possible. Come on how does this make any sense? Come on Microsoft lets get this done! We shouldn't have to vote for this feature make it happen - where's the MAGA? just kidding - lets make it happen Microsoft!

• DH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Apple Mail app allows you to reply with attachments from SharePoint on current threads but the Outlook mail app does not - this seems like a major flaw if a major competitor can integrate with your own software better than the creator...

• Keith Perfect commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making a new email is one thing, but there is no way to reply to an existing email thread with a SharePoint file

I don't see the problem. Open SharePoint app, navigate to your site. Click on your document library. It opens the OneDrive app. Find your file, click on the ellipsis. Click "Share". On the very bottom, you see "Send a copy". There you can choose "Mail" or "Outlook" app. When you do, it will take you to a "New email" with the file as an attachment.

It’s really frustrating that we can’t do this. For this I have to keep Dropbox as well

• Cédric Vallin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you change it and make it possible? It is very difficult for a business not to be able to access all his document via outlook.
        We are going to move if this is not resolve.

We are moving to Dropbox Business to Share Content for our Deparments and personal data of our coworkers. consuming 3000+ E3 Licences. it's absourd Outlook App can't do this. Really Microsoft?

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. This is a ridiculous oversight by Microsoft. Apple is the most used phone in the USA. Please get the IOS working.

I can attach files from Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, OneDrive but not Sharepoint
        This is frustrating

• Todd Hobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy...I can attach files in Outlook for IOS from competitors document storage solutions but not from Microsoft Sharepoint? BIG vote for this functionality.

• Rob Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How dumb can Microsoft be to offer dropbox integration but not integration for their own SharePoint product????

Agreed. This is driving me crackers. If we could do this I would be one step closer to being able to dump the Mac and stick with the tablet alone. Only the small matter of Pivot tables in iOS in excel to go and I could be there!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base