SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft SharePoint Apps for iOS?

Allow to attach SharePoint files to emails on Outlook and Mail apps

It is not possible to set SharePoint app as an storage account for both Mail and Outlook apps. So, it's not possible to attach SharePoint files to an email on both apps. It's really absurd to be able to do it with Dropbox and not with SharePoint, the main storage account for companies subscribed to O365!!

738 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Fernando shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not possible to set SharePoint app as an storage account for both Mail and Outlook apps. So, it's not possible to attach SharePoint files to an email on both apps. It's really absurd to be able to do it with Dropbox and not with SharePoint,

• Thomas Neidert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree, while it is possible to detatch files from an e-mail opened in Outlook for iOS into a OneDrive folder (personal and corporate) it should be possible to do the same also into a SharePoint directory - it just does not makes sense having to do save the e-mail attachment first from the PC and then go back to the iOS device and open the file from the sharepoint.

• Paul Metcalfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with the above comment. Having migrated our company to Teams, for instant messaging and shared files, we are now in the impossible situation of not being able to access these files via Outlook for iOS when we are mobile. As a business we are spending more time away from the office and this problem is becoming more and more of an issue for us as a business. Having SharePoint as a storage account in Outlook would be a game changer for us.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is possible to add OneDrive attachments, but why not SharePoint attachments. It is the same thing.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. The lack of it hinders adoption of o365!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot understand why this is not a standard option for one flagship MS product to integrate with another flagship MS product.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm at such a loss as to why this wouldn't be a standard option. On top of this, isn't sharepoint and one drive basically the same thing in the background?

Crazy, it would mean you could be 100% cloud based. Had a support call over it today and I just couldn’t believe it. You see your one drive but no share point.

How is this not still fixed?

In regards to previous comments adding via OD that’s is fine if you are creating a new email. However my complaint is when Relying and want to attach a file to the thread. The OD sites option is not visible unless I’m missing something??

• Hans van der Gulik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, i also would like to be able to access sharepoint from outlook for IOS. I mainly use my ipad and always have to do go arounds to attach files from sharepoint to e-mails sent with outlook

Sharepoint must be able to recognize basic apple software. Pages, Keynote and numbers. And it must have basic email functionality such as attaching to an email. Seriously, a workaround is needed to attach a file to an email?

• fsdfsfsfs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!? WHY WONT YOU FIX THIS?!?!? WHAT DO YOU NEED TO CONVINCE YOU?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Adam Wolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreeing with comments below. Integration in a similar manner to that which already exists with OneDrive is necessary for our business to continue using SharePoint. This is a big hole in Microsoft's Cloud strategy. Would be great to get a fix on this! Thanks.

For those of you mentioning a SharePoint file attachment workaround (using the iOS OneDrive, sites, share a copy via Outlook) I will point out that this is sub-par. We want to be able to invoke the attachment during a reply while in the iOS Outlook app, so that the attachment stays part of the email thread. Basic functionality. Please add this feature Microsoft.

• Karl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a way to do this:

Open your OneDrive App
    Touch Sites (at the bottom of the screen)
    Choose your library
    Browse until you find your file.
    Open your file.
    Press the SHARE icon
    Select 'Send a Copy' at the bottom of the screen
    Choose you email program and the file is attached.

This only works for composing new email, it does not work when replying.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base