SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft SharePoint Apps for iOS?

PDF Annotations for SharePoint files!

OneDrive has the ability to make annotations/markups on PDF files on mobile and save them back to OneDrive. This exact same PDF annotation tool would be awesome for PDF files in a SharePoint document library.
Also PDF annotation in the web browser would be helpful.

266 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeremiah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We Really Need This! If you guys would just re-enable your Tags and Notes feature, it would solve the problem. I don't have any clue why you would decide to get rid of it except to promote your new Yammer tool, but Yammer doesn't work for external collaborations. It's also clunky to have to put an entire other tool with SharePoint, and it makes me think you don't really care about helping customers, but about promoting yourselves. Re-enable if you want us to use your services!

• Jesse Ehlinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have any updates been made to the Sharepoint app to include this highly desired markup functionality as found in the OneDrive mobile app?

• Lisa Turman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are on SP 2010 and we are able to edit/annotate PDFs directly from SharePoint libraries. We will be making the transition to SP2016 on prem soon and this is critical to prevent anything else to slow down our processes.

• Alan Williamson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a number of clients that are unable to annotate on PDFs directly from SharePoint document libraries, and this is a huge requirement and time saver. They instead have to open the library in Windows Explorer, hunt down the file without metadata, open the file in Adobe, log into SP Online (every time), and then they can annotate.

I also have clients on SP 2010 still who are able to edit/annotate PDFs directly from SharePoint libraries. Many of them are going to make the jump to SP 2016 or SP Online, and this is going to significantly slow down their processes.

This is a key piece of functionality, which substantially affects SharePoint's usefulness. To access PDF documents on a desktop to read them only and apply metadata is only half the job. Acrobat now has the ability to check out and open files for highlighting and commenting in specific locations, but the interaction should be much less clunky, much easier to use.

Yes, I agree. I think this is an essential requirement to allow workflows in sharepoint work effectively.

Feedback and Knowledge Base