Mobile app should use default list view
I have a list with a filtered default view. But the mobile app always shows every item. It should follow the default view as given on the site. Esp if that view is tagged as the default mobile view!
Kevin C. commented
It's unbelievable that this isn't fixed yet.
John Warner commented
This is STILL not fixed. I cannot recommend this product.
Randall Scott commented
horrible i want to conrol the mobile app view of lists
Daniel Pipe commented
List behaviour is suprising in the app.
1) The app ignores 'views' all together
2) it provides all data in the list to all users... in an unusable way
3) It makes SharePoint impossible to use as a data source in PowerApps because for a list/library to be a data source in PowerApps users must have 'edit' access to the whole list and whilst views are a neat way to prevent users accessing the "back-end" as the default view (only end-user view) can be filtered to [me] or some other limited set of data and the ability for the user to create views can be disabled on a list or library, the users can get around it by simply firing up an android app and bypassing all views and restrictions.
I can't think of a single use-case for building a powerapps app with a sharepoint data source where I would want all users to have the ability to edit all records directly in the sharepoint mobile app. I would always want to control users ability to interact with the data.
1) Please immediately remove users ability to view all items in list and libraries on the mobile app. This would plug the leak for now. If the only quick solution is that the "Lists" hyperlink in the app launches the mobile web-browser view for now then so be it. I will put up with it until a full fix is finished.
2) Please shedule work on intergrating the same views from the browser version of SharePoint into the mobile app... even if it is just some sort of web-wrapper or switch to browser for now... anything is better than allowing this to continue.
This issue still exists, it is ridiculous how nothing had happened. Anybody knows if MS plans to fix it?
I hate that "make the test rat from business user" strategy - to provide you with unfinished tools.
Richard Griffin commented
Yet again Microsoft fails to support their customers and provide a secure solution... come on guys get this huge issue fixed ASAP.
This can be a huge security risk as the mobile app circumvents ALL view settings. Where does the app get its view settings from ?
This should be a given! Especially as the options allow you to set a custom view on the site as the default mobile view. It doesnt work
In case of document library, you get an error
John Warner commented
This is a big deal. I'm having to roll back a solution due to finding this bug recently. I can't believe this made it through to production. This is showing sensitive data to anyone with a mobile app. On the desktop users are limited to just the view I designate.
This is a huge issue. What can be done to get this to work?
This "bug" is actually preventing me from rolling out a solution since the default view is filtered to only show users their own records, but the mobile app completely ignores this and shows all records.