SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Microsoft SharePoint help content?

Sharepoint migration tool - basic info not there

I am trying to migrate a 2003 version of sharepoint.. i have no idea what an 'on-premises' install is except it seems to be only 2013 ?.. at no point does any of the documentation explicitly state what older versions this tool supports .. correct me if i am wrong ? .. the best i can guess is this tool only supports migrating 2013 versions .. maybe some information on how to migrate a 2003 version ?.. geeze, its the first basic thing i need to know and its not there !! {i can export import excel for basic stuff but on some lists i need to preserv system data - created, created by etc)

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Neil Grover shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Teboho Moses Masemola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Question though is my current migration scenario - is the company is disengaging from the world partner - this means a new Domain. So the user mapping must be for the user account on the New Domain. When the files are on the SharePoint on line - they must be mapped and accessed by users from the new domain. How can I do that? Please help.

Feedback and Knowledge Base