SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Suggestion Archive

This is an archive of closed or declined suggestions. We’ve retained these items for historical purposes. They cannot be voted or commented on.

If you wish to re-submit a previously closed suggestion please post it to the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Collection of Closed or Declined Suggestions

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Eliminate exta space so that users don't need to scroll

Create these pages to utilize the empty space to the right in order to eliminate the need to scroll. (Seems to have a lot of wasted space as currently set up.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • If you change the name of the SharePoint group, the Web Part that set the [Target Audiences] is not displayed

English follows as below

SharePoint グループの名前を変更すると、[対象ユーザー] を設定した Web パーツが表示されなくなります。
      SharePoint グループの名前を変更しても、そのまま表示されるようにしてください。

- 再現手順
      1. 全体管理者ユーザーにてサイト コレクションを作成し、カスタム リストを作成します。
      2. SharePoint グループ "Audience 01" を作成し、メンバーとしてユーザー A を追加します。
      3. サイトのトップ ページを編集し、カスタム リストを Web パーツとして設置します。
      4. 該当の Web パーツの [Web パーツの編集] 画面にて、[対象ユーザー] に "Audience 01"、"Company Administrator" を設定します。
      5. ユーザー A にてサイトへアクセスし、Web パーツが表示されることを確認します。
      6. 全体管理者ユーザーにて、[サイトの設定] - [ユーザーとグループ] - [Audience 01] と順にクリックし、[設定] - [グループ設定] から SharePoint グループの名前を "Audience 01_1" に変更します。

- 期待される結果
      SharePoint グループのメンバーが Web パーツを表示できます。

- 実際の結果
      SharePoint グループのメンバーが Web パーツを表示できません。

- 回避策
      1. 全体管理者ユーザーにて、該当の Web パーツの [Web パーツの編集] 画面を開き、[対象ユーザー] 欄に "Audience 01_1" と変更後の SharePoint グループの名前が表示されることを確認します。
      2. 特に設定を変更せず、そのまま保存します。
      3. ユーザー A にてサイトへアクセスし、Web パーツが表示されることを確認します。

If you…

18 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • make the modified names reflected within the site after Office365 group name change.

I have the site to be set Office365 group into the admin of the site collection. When I modify the Office365 group names, I am unable to reflect the names once modified in the screens below to check the site collections' admins.
        - [Site Collection] - [Property] within SharePoint admin center
        - The gear mark in the site collection-[Setting of site] - [Admin of site collection]
        -The gear mark in the site collection-[Setting of site] - [The right of site]- [Admin of site collection]
        I would like you to note that I am currently unable to restore this behavior mentioned…

6 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow registering the external users in bulk via Powershell.

At the present, the users required to access the site from an invitation mail in order to register an external user by default. However, I feel a little inconvenient if the number of external users to invite is the large amount due to the process of admin's work is increased. Therefore, I hope the feature will be implemented to enable using the menu to register external users in the organization's directory in bulk or registering the external users in bulk via Powershell.

Thank you for your continued support.

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Provide us the public information for [Access Control from the application which has not used Modern authentication] settings.

I would like to inform that the connection from Office 2013 to SharePoint site is disabled now, however, Office 2016 is able to connect to the site with no problem. In addition, when the access from the devices for [SharePoint administration center] to [Access Control from the application which has not used Modern authentication] setting is "block", it cannot be accessed to the sites, and it can be connected to the site after the setting has changed to "allow". Sometimes, the setting has automatically changed from "allow" to "block".

On the setting screen, there is a statement that it could…

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Be aware of the time zone is displayed at UTC time when creating a workflow of SharePoint Designer.

I am aware of the behavior that the creation/update time is displayed at UTC time when creating a workflow of SharePoint Designer even if I set the time zone to the local time (JST). In this situation, there is a possibility to make users confused so that I hope the feature will implement to set/display the localized time zone properly.

8 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Enable displaying the graph by specifying the graph name when adding a new document via modern UI.

The user is able to select the options for "Entire workbook", "Graph", "Table" and "Range" by clicking [Add Document] as a new experience (via modern UI). However, I am aware of that the specified graph is not displayed even if you entered a graph name. (a single graph can be displayed but not for Entire workbook) In addition, the users are allowed to switch the display by clicking the arrow mark on the right of the displayed graph name only.

I hope the feature will be implemented enables displaying the graph by specifying the graph name via modern UI.

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow the admin to comprehend the status of all videos uploaded to Microsoft Stream.

Currently, if the user does not complete the operation for [publish], even after uploading the file to the Microsoft Stream, the admin cannot confirm the applicable video so far. The video has saved as a draft in [My content] > [My video] of the uploaded user's account only. Therefore, other users include the admin cannot search for the video by no means. In addition, even if the admin entered the URL of the video directly, the error message "This video is not available." is displayed.

It is possible to access the video by admin by entering the URL in the…

9 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• be aware of the date column's default value showing a day in advance of specified date within a custom list with the Today function.

At this stage, I enter “Today()” into the default value of custom list's date column and input the formula with Today function into [Column Validation]. Having used the default value as “Today()”, I am aware of the date displaying itself as one day in advance of the selected day (technically 17 hours) despite the fact that I have set the time zone as the JST. Besides, the formula of column validation turns out to be an error unless is completed with “Today()” although the correctly entered date is shown if the value contains of "Today's date" or "Today". Consequently, I…

6 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Appropriately scope the Path attribute value for the splnu session cookie

When clicking "Return to classic SharePoint," the splnu session cookie that is created has a Path attribute value of "/" regardless of the actual URL path to the site or subsite where this link was clicked. This means that for the duration of the cookie, the user will be returned to the classic page experience on ANY site or subsite within that domain, regardless of where the link to "Return to classic SharePoint" was clicked. This may cause confusion for end users who might only expect to be returned to the classic page experience within one particular site or subsite,…

8 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• update the methods to get accessed the Public Web site's partner page via the admin center.

I am aware that the the public document concerning the modern interface remain the same as the classic one. Besides, I am unable to get accessed the Public Web site's partner page along with the instructions shown in the public information that I am currently check. Therefore, I hope the public details and the instructions to be updated for the access to the partner page along with a modern admin center's interface.

5 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Provide availability to follow the SharePoint online site of the other tenant's.

In order to divide regions, we are holding multiple tenants for in-house operations at the present. If the function will be implemented enables using the same follow function in both within tenants and out of tenants when you follow each other's sites, the convenience of users will be enhanced.

I hope the feature will be able to provide availability to follow another tenant's SharePointOnline site in the future.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• improve the export function for attached files of calendar items.

I'm attempting to export the attached files of a calendar item, looping them into the calendar item. When I asked the Support Desk, I was advised that I might able to download the files without any loops with the item as long as I attach the files by operating ”File Upload” at multiple text column. Apart from the advice I got, I hope the [Excel export] feature to be expanded that could allow me to export attached files along with the calendar item once looped.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow specifying the document library as a scope and output Office 365 audit log freely.

We are planning to export logs to the CSV files on a regular basis by using PowerShell commands. However, by the default, the data has become blank when the user sets the scope of logs to the specific document library. (which locates under the hierarchy) I found the workaround that to output logs of the files saved in the document library by changing the target range to the upper site.

In addition, I got a response from the support team that there is no function available to output logs that the specified document library at the present. Therefore, I hope…

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Improve the function of [Previously used sites] to be sure displaying the site the user accessed most recently.

Now I am aware of the behavior that the content [Previously used sites] are not functioning right now. Specifically, it is not showing the sites that the user accessed most recently in [Previously used sites] hence the users have difficulty finding the site for frequent uses.

Therefore, I hope the feature will be implemented enables displaying the sites that the user accessed recently as a proper function.

Thank you for your continued support.

3 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Expand the functions that enable the confirmation of version/build on Office Online.

I am aware of the behavior that the event occurs in which characters cannot be typed in Excel Online properly from the beginning of May. Previously, there is no problem to entry/ modify and the users were using the function comfortably. There is a possibility that an event occurres because OfficeOnline was updated, however, the Office Online cannot verify the version (build), so it is difficult to verify the root cause. I hope the feature will implement to expand the functions that enable verifying of version (build) on Office Online as soon as possible.

8 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• implement the setting of information management policy along with PowerShell.

I have 250 of document libraries within the site, but I do not necessarily apply the information management policy to all of them. In such case, I need to set manually the policy via GUI so that I have many workloads, and therefore I hope the setting of information management policy along with PowerShell to be implemented because the setting could decrease significantly increased workloads.

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• have me get the my own Web page which RSS viewer web part is to call out through JavaScript.

I currently acquire the RSS within the external site along with the setting of RSS viewer within the site under the url of [https://<Tenant name>.sharepoint.com/sites/<Site name>/].
                                      However, I have not been able to show the site since May although it had been available since last June. Now I am aware of the behavior that the[RSS viewer] once saved keeps on being in the state of being loaded in case the URL linked to the site is [https://pioneerone.sharepoint.com/sites/ipc/]. To avoid this, I find the site displayed after clicking F5 key in Internet Exchange.
                                      The difference of operation…

8 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• improve the function regarding custom list's auto number.

I hope that I will be able to add the auto number automatically in order I will authorize the items by enabling content approval.

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• be aware of the behavior I can't display the "storage limit" menu while obtaining a tenant.

Once I have set the [site collection's manage storage] manually within SharePoint admin center's [setting], the "storage limit" menu has been displayed on the site collection's list screen. However, I found the "storage limit" menu hidden on the site collection's list screen when performing the setting for the first time after acquiring the tenant.
                                          So I asked the support desk about this and I got the reply that this current behavior could have been avoided by switching the setting over again into the another one. I would say that the feature concerned should be fixed so as to work properly…

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 193 194

Suggestion Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base