SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Suggestion Archive

This is an archive of closed or declined suggestions. We’ve retained these items for historical purposes. They cannot be voted or commented on.

If you wish to re-submit a previously closed suggestion please post it to the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Add full Site Deletion to SharePoint

Add a simple way to DELETE sites from share point.
    If one exists then make it easier to find.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. consider my comment on the description of Office 365 audit log.

I am aware that the event of Office365 audit log is mentioned in the URL below. However,there is no discription of the event concerning [WACTokenShared], and threfore, I hope you to put the information to the site under the URL because I have no idea of what kind of the event it would be.

The URL regarding Office365 audit log:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/0d4d0f35-390b-4518-800e-0c7ec95e946c#ID0EABAAA=Audited_activities

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. UNDO PERMISSION CHANGE

PERMISSIONS NEED A WAY TO UNDO AND RESTORE PREVIOUS PERMISSIONS.

This is critical as far as I am concerned. It is far too easy to screw up permissions in SharePoint.

Also, a way to CLEARLY see what permission you are dealing with is needed. It is too easy to mistakenly change a "Site" setting when you think you are on a Library or List setting. Why is there no label showing for the library, list, or site showing at the top.

Please provide a solution to these to significant issues. It will make administrating a SharePoint sight a lot less…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to add alerts to others

Allow me to add others to alerts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow setting User Profile Sub-type via CSOM / Rest Api

When dealing with large numbers of users it would be good to be able to set the user profile sub-type of a user programmatically as part of a provisioning process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improved document template grouping for the new button in Doc libraries

As it stands if you have more than a few document content types the new button templates becomes out of hand rather fast.

Allow some form of grouping so the functionality can migrate from WORD and transferred into the content types. For example:

Group names

Corporate
    Legal
    IT
    HR

This could simply to follow the content type folder name.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add an encrypted column-type to SharePoint forms

I would like to see a column type (for forms) that automatically displays either "*****: (for encrypted data) or the actual decrypted values in this column, based on user permission.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. improve the downloading limit through permission level.

I am aware that there is nothing wrong with the downloading of Office files to limit its capability along with the permission level of "Open Item". However, I am unable to restrict PDF files, and therefore I hope that I will be able to make a limit on a PDF file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug: People or Group column filter fails with 'Name', works with 'Name (with presence)'

Straightforward bug: People or Group column filter fails with 'Name' displayed but works with 'Name (with presence)' displayed.

Error reported: 'Cannot show the value of the filter. The field may not be filterable, or the number of items returned exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator'.

The list contains a hundred or so items.

Filtering the list works fine if you change the column settings "show field" to 'Name (with presence)'.

My company does not use Skype for Business / Lync so will never need to show presence in SharePoint lists.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable in-domain email addresses for Alerts

Alerts on lists, libraries, pages, etc. can only be sent to Active Directory users recognized by SharePoint. Add an option to at least let emails within a specific domain (@mycompany.com) receive alerts. Or, allow a setting for any email address to get them if the tenant administrators deem it OK.

Right now we have email distribution lists whose membership can change, and we don't want to have to emulate those lists inside SharePoint groups just to be able to send alerts. Adding this functionality would solve that problem.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable application of storage quotas via CAM Provisioning API.

In the current site collection provisioning API (Tenant Admin API subset), it is not possible to specify quota template to be applied to the site collection. Equivalent exists in server side API. This currently leads to a lot of high-maintenance/process workarounds via Powershell and/or additional pre/post provisioning scripting and/or Central Admin actions for farms that use fine grained storage quota models.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Invest on Internet Web Sites workload

We'd like to see improvements to the internet web sites workload. Web analytics, engagement/personalization rules, snippets, etc. Very important for end to end common Platform for Company's technology investments.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the same toolbar in Document Libraries in SP OnPrem as for Office 365

Add the O365 toolbar that displays the links "New document / upload / Sync / edit / manage / share" to avoid using the ribbon

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. flexibility in working with dates in REST API

Currently dates are returned based on user or site's regional settings. Provide flexibility in retrieving date field values from REST API endpoints to be returned as UTC values and in a format easily consumable by JavaScript (e.g. ISO 8601).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better UX for simpler list creation and lookup (like Citrix Podio)

Sharepoint is very powerful and open to use cases but users do not like to use it alot. It could/should be more like Citrix Podio where users build their own "apps" (lists) in a simple and intuitive UI.
    With some enhanced views (desktop and mobile) and especially better lookup capabilities Sharepoint could easily be the better Podio and attract a lot more customers.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Workflow Logging

When a workflow has been finished in SharePoint then the Workflow Cleanup Job removes old tasks and all the workflow related action after a defined period of time. This makes sense to keep the SharePoint List small.
    In certain secarios you need to keep the workflow information for a longer period of time. For example to prove who have published a document and what was the outcome of the tasks. I would suggest that the cleanup job remove the information form the task lists and move it to some sort of archive database where all the workflow information will stay…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add ability to add Entity Extractors to SharePoint Online

SharePoint on-premises allows for the use of several entity extractors. Lately customers have been moving to SharePoint Online from FAST or SP2013 On-premises and find that only one entity extractor (Company) exists and can be used. Would be great to be able to add at least 3 new extractors (even if you have to throttle the number of entries).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rejecting an approved document will hide it from the visitor users even if there is a previous approved version for the document

I am facing a critical problem inside my SharePoint document library. here is the scenario:-

- I have a team site collection inside SharePoint 2013.

- i add a document library inside the Team site.
    - I define the following version setting inside the document library; where users will only be able to see approved documents (in other word they will see the latest approved version)

- now when a user upload a new document its status will be pending.
    - other users will not see this document since it does not have any approved versions.
    - when approver user…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Offline Scenarios

For document management using SharePoint document libraries we’re encouraging using metadata instead of folders.
    When working only with the browser client this works fine and we can create views based on that metadata.
    Now, when using tools like OneDrive for Business to sync those files to devices some of the metadata will be available in the Office documents but not in the file system.
    We cannot create the same views we have in the SharePoint document library on the file system of the device.
    So we’re really not providing a “full-circle” support for such document management scenarios where we can…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Suggestion Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base