SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Suggestion Archive

This is an archive of closed or declined suggestions. We’ve retained these items for historical purposes. They cannot be voted or commented on.

If you wish to re-submit a previously closed suggestion please post it to the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. SP Online - Hide MM in Document Information Panel

Currently if I mark a managed metadata column as hidden, the field still shows up in the document information panel. Would like to hide it without creating a custom form.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link "Recycle bin" in current navigation

In SP Online there is a link "Recycle bin" in current Navigation for team sites. This link should come to SP 2016 for team sites and also for publishing pages.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Deploy and store calculated fields using internal names

When deploying a calculated field, the formula must contain display names. It becomes problematic to use such a field if the display name of a field in a list has become different from the one in the Site Columns gallery (user rename, different language, column rename in certain lists, etc.). Besides this being more logical, the current way it works makes it impossible to deploy a calculated field for some field/list combinations. Example: the Title Field in a SP 2013 Task List has display name "Task Name", but the Title field in the Site Columns gallery has Display Name "Title".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve the Survey list

1) Be able to create views. 2) Different landing page if you click on Finish or Cancel. 3) Add ability to format the questions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default language of new wordfiles depending on the users language

New created wordfiles in OneDrive Business allways have "english usa" as the default language even the interface language is eg. german. this should be changed to the behavoir of doclibs which use the language of the web to set the default language of new created wordfiles.

the best solution would be to choose the users language AND region settings to determin the default language of a new wordfile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow design customizations in collaboration

Allow design customizations in the collaboration area in order to ensure an integrated user experience between publishing intranet and collaboration >> Digital Workplace approach, e.g. common customized header area

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to move site templates(with data) from Cloud sites to On Premise site

currently Microsoft is not supporting to mover site templates with data from cloud to on premise. Can we get a solution for the same?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Centralized Metadata Deployment to List Level without CUSTOM CODE

The only way for large deployments (many site collections) to get metadata efficiently pushed down to lists is to write code. Content Type hub works great to deploy site columns/content types across the farm, but the last mile is the most difficult. Deploying the content type and/or site column to lists on thousands of sites requires custom code for efficiency sake. Enterprise content management systems should NOT require custom code to do this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. improve shared customizations story (i.e. custom field types, JSLink restrictions, shared customizations)

I'd like to see an improved story around customizations that traditionally required server side customizations and no real parody was provided for client side techniques including web parts, field types, _layouts files, etc)

We can sort of get Custom Field Types with Site Columns and JSLink, however a few limitations:

1. Only one instance of a site column per list/library.

2. There is a bug in provisioning Rich Text site columns to lists that converts them to Plain Text.

3. Users still see them as "text" fields when they visit the field settings in the SharePoint UI.

4. JSLink is restricted to a link…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable selecting custom User Profile Properties from REST API

I've created an UserProfile with some custom properties.
    When using http://siteurl/_api/SP.UserProfiles.PeopleManager/GetMyProperties, I get a resultset with all UserProfile properties, including my custom properties.

When I try to select one (or more) of my custom properties by http://siteurl/_api/SP.UserProfiles.PeopleManager/GetMyProperties?$select=CustomProperty, I do not get the custom property returned.

Selecting on the default properties that SharePoint provides does work.

Right now I am using a workaround which iterates through the (big) resultset with all properties to get my custom property values, but it would be great if I could select just my customer properties.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customize SharePoint Email Alert Templates

Allow the site collection admins to customize the template for the standard SharePoint alerts. The current email alerts are confusing, provide too much information to the user and are out-of-date style-wise.

Allow the admins to add common fields, i.e. "Title", "Created By", and include an image and hyperlinks. Also allow adding a CSS style sheet.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Extend CSOM/REST for modifying item-level permission settings on lists

If possible, please provide a REST endpoint or CSOM API extension for modifying the item-level permission settings which can be found under the advanced list settings. More specific, this means being able to modify the "Read access" and "Create and edit access" settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add true integration with Yammer

The yammer integration is anything but simple and it is not a true integration. It would be nice to be able to post files directly to SharePoint from a yammer group rather than in Yammer. Also it would be nice to finally just have one social framework to deal with...whether it is Yammer or the SP 2013 Newsfeeds. I feel Yammer is much cleaner and easy to use. SharePoint should just be updated to use Yammer as an "app" in SharePoint with full integration...none of this web part stuff. And if I am in Yammer, just allow me to use…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide ability to delete Remote Event Receivers from Client Object Model

While trying to delete the remote event receiver from CSOM , its giving access denied error.

Here is the statement :

web.EventReceivers.GetById(defToDelete.ReceiverId).DeleteObject();

Exception :
    An unhandled exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerUnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime.dll

Additional information: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a hover panel for Visio documents.

Other office documents can be peeked into in the Search results. But visio documents do not. We have lots of visio documents in our IT department, it would be nice to peek in like Word and Excel.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Recreate all the graphics for retina-class displays. Right now everything looks fuzzy on hi-dpi displays.

The SharePoint UI currently looks quite fuzzy on retina-class Hi-DPI displays. It would be nice for the icons to be recreated to support newer PCs with these screens.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Optimizing the MySite

Many customers want their Design to be easily applied to all MySites by Default.

Furthermore they want to Change which apps and Features are activated by Default.

It would be great if there is a "master MySite" als Template for all new MySites. Easily editable in Browser as any other site.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. change the default colours for group calendars for Outlook Online as the blue and green are really close in colour.

My team are getting really confused as the blue and green look almost the same online. I've tried changing the colour of the calendar but it doesn't save the colour change, so next time I open the calendar it reverts back to the original blue/green.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow for easy retrieval of the Pages Library

When working with Publishing Pages in CSOM there is no easy way of getting a hold of an existing Publishing Page. You first need to get the underlying Web (note not Publishing Web, just the Web), from its property bag the name of the Pages Library and then combining the URL of the Web, the name of the Pages Library and the name of the Page you can retrieve the Page. Instead of relying on where the name/id of the Pages Library is stored internally, we should be able to retrieve it through the API using the PublishingWeb.GetPagesListName(Web web) method.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 192 193 194 196 Next →

Suggestion Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base