SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Suggestion Archive

This is an archive of closed or declined suggestions. We’ve retained these items for historical purposes. They cannot be voted or commented on.

If you wish to re-submit a previously closed suggestion please post it to the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Allow specifying the document library as a scope and output Office 365 audit log freely.

We are planning to export logs to the CSV files on a regular basis by using PowerShell commands. However, by the default, the data has become blank when the user sets the scope of logs to the specific document library. (which locates under the hierarchy) I found the workaround that to output logs of the files saved in the document library by changing the target range to the upper site.

In addition, I got a response from the support team that there is no function available to output logs that the specified document library at the present. Therefore, I hope…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow registering the external users in bulk via Powershell.

At the present, the users required to access the site from an invitation mail in order to register an external user by default. However, I feel a little inconvenient if the number of external users to invite is the large amount due to the process of admin's work is increased. Therefore, I hope the feature will be implemented to enable using the menu to register external users in the organization's directory in bulk or registering the external users in bulk via Powershell.

Thank you for your continued support.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve the feature to be aggregated the number of accesses of links to accesse the external sites on SharePoint Online.

I would like to the user will be able to aggregate the number of accesses of links to accesse the external sites and tally usage frequency due to delete unused external links. I hope the feature will be implemented enables aggregating the number of accesses of links for accessing to the external sites on SharePoint Online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. have the search box within a list displayed.

I am aware the search box with the style usage that is not defaulted is not displayed at the upper screen when creating the list within a classic UI's SharePoint Online.
    I hope the search box within the list along with the unexisting style to be displayed because in other search boxes, the items outside of a list can be hit.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide availability to follow the SharePoint online site of the other tenant's.

In order to divide regions, we are holding multiple tenants for in-house operations at the present. If the function will be implemented enables using the same follow function in both within tenants and out of tenants when you follow each other's sites, the convenience of users will be enhanced.

I hope the feature will be able to provide availability to follow another tenant's SharePointOnline site in the future.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. implement the feature enabling for me to choose a creation language while creating the managed property.

Since Japanese is commonly used among our users, I would like to show the column name in Japanese. Additionally, our wish is that the half-width character could be standardized on the ground that the property is currently managed in bulk within the company.

For this type of managed property, we are currently following the operations below.
    1.Create a site column in English.
    2.A managed property is created.
    3.Change the site column into the Japanese one.

I would like you to be aware that some of the managed properties were occasionally created in Japanese despite the confirmation of the behavior mentioned…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Regarding Meeting Request Mails

I want to send a meeting request e-mail to a user and the admin in charge of the schedule after entering an item on the schedule list.
    I have authorized the work flow as a standard function and can send approval mails, but what I want to send aren`t approval mails, but “meeting request” mails.
    Also in this case, I want to set items to “not published” and send the meeting request mail.
    As the items are always being created by different users and using Office 365 Groups is troublesome, I would like you to add a new function.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. improve the behavior concerning the display of the discussion board located in the page along with the “administrative” view.

In case of clicking the discussion at the time of locating the discussion board in the “administrative” view, I am aware of the view of reply to the discussion. I have a difficulty in grasping to which types of discussion the replies are completed. In opening the discussion board, I hope the behavior to be improved that does not have the discussion title shown when locating the page since the titles are shown at the right of the discussion board's names.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve the function of the [Office Graph] function enables deleting the site collection on the GUI.

Currently, the user cannot be removed the site collection in [Office Graph] immediately by the action of deleting displays. I hope the function will be improved enables deleting the site collection by the settings or on the GUI.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve the feature to open the navigation which added to the Top link in a new window via modern UI.

I would like to indicate you the behavior which is a little inconvenient of modern UI. When clicking the navigation from the APP screen of the new UI, the page transition occurs in the same window eventhogh I set up to add the global navigation to the Top link and select the option of [Open Link in New Window]. This behavior did not happen in classic UI or when clicking the navigation from the front page, I can see the new window showed up in that case.

If you recommend using the modern UI, I hope the feature will be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. display the search results within a modern UI instead of a classic one.

I am aware of the current behavior that the Searchbox's results is displayed on an existing UI even if they are shown at a web part.
    Besides, the results are not previewed within PDF file, but are downloaded, and therefore, I hope the the search results to be viewed within a modern UI because I have a difficulty in editing property value consecutively along with the results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Regarding navigation bar acceptance while external sharing

In case I share my external users with the sites we use, I am aware that we can experience a more clear vision with the acceptance of navigation bar set to each corporate color. I hope that I will be able to activate the feature to accept the navigation bar set not only to a site but also to an original tenant when it is shared with external users.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow separately controlling the creation settings between the Communication site and Office 365.

For security protection, I am considering to restrict the creation of the Communication site by general users. However, I have received the guidance from the support desk that the Office 365 group will also be the same setting when controlling the creation of the Communication site in conjunction with each other by default behaivor.

Therefore, I hope the feature will be improved to allow general users to create Office 365 groups only, therefore, it would be useful if the feature will be allowed separately controlling the creation settings between the Communication site and Office 365 as well. Thank you for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be aware of the behavior that the error occurs when clicking the folder displayed at the top of the screen. (From the second layer)

Currently, our tenant has a Document Center at the subsite to run the In-house operation. I am aware of that the error screen displays when clicking the folder (from the second layer) at the top of the screen and the user cannot open the folders properly.

-Error message: "Sorry, something went wrong."

This situation has been reproduced in multiple verification environments. Therefore, I hope this behavior will be improved to be fixed and ensure that the same errors will not happen again. Thank you for your support.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable setting the initial value of the version history arbitrary by the admin.

Now I am aware of the initial value of version history has set for saving 500 major versions of the default. However, I also am concerned about that the user's accidentally creating versions and squeezing the capacity of the site happens. To prevent this, I hope the feature will enable setting the initial value to the small amount number for the version history arbitrary or changing the value of version of a site or tenant basis. Thank you for your continued support.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Regarding the share Office365 Group site's Outlook on the Web

If I create Office 365 Group and make group sites,I can share the items and edit them online. However, I am unable to edit the items online with the [File] in the Group site's group section of Outlook on the Web even if I click the them.
    I work with some user who are unable to apply Office client to the environment and I am aware that I can't edit any items immediately, affecting our business.
    I hope the feature to be implemented that enables online editing within Outlook on the Web as well.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve the feature to reflect applicable users more quickly after adding as the members of the security group.

I am aware of the behavior that it takes approximately 24 hours to reflect as an applicable user who was invited to the security group. In details, the admin is restricting browsing for the user by the setting of the Web Part, also the security group was created with MOP.

I am not sure this above operation affects the behavior or not, but I hope the feature will be implemented to reflect the applicable users in security group more promptly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The timing for URL's updating

When I looked into Message Center, I was informed that URLs will be changed during the term between Jan.2017 and Jun.2017 in case the sites had been created within Business Productivity Online Services (BPOS) before Office 365 was released. However, I will get some troubles unless the exact time and date for site change are known. I am too anxious because it is currently unclear whether I will be able to receive the notification about when my URLs are supposed to be changed. I'm also afraid that the URLs I check may be changed on screen all of a sudden.…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wishing to fix the default value with Gantt View.

I hope users to change the default value of "day", "month", and "year" within the Custom List and Calendar , using Gantt View. I feel inconvenient if users need to change manually "day" into "year" just because of the default setting of "day".

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. be aware of the behavior occurring when accessing the link on the document library's folder of a classic UI.

I hope the following behavior to be improved.
    I am currently using the document library within a classic UI. When I get the link of the deep hierarchical folder and clink the link navigating to the upper layer that doesn't work within the hierarchical lists on the upper screen viewed after getting accessed through the link, an error of "404 NOT FOUND" is displayed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Suggestion Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base