SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Suggestion Archive

This is an archive of closed or declined suggestions. We’ve retained these items for historical purposes. They cannot be voted or commented on.

If you wish to re-submit a previously closed suggestion please post it to the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. News better feedback

News items need to have number of views, likes and comments clearly displayed as icons and numbers on the summary.

The summary news webpart also needs ability to add multiple rows etc.

See Jostle.me - need to have this ability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The timing for URL's updating

When I looked into Message Center, I was informed that URLs will be changed during the term between Jan.2017 and Jun.2017 in case the sites had been created within Business Productivity Online Services (BPOS) before Office 365 was released. However, I will get some troubles unless the exact time and date for site change are known. I am too anxious because it is currently unclear whether I will be able to receive the notification about when my URLs are supposed to be changed. I'm also afraid that the URLs I check may be changed on screen all of a sudden.…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wishing to fix the default value with Gantt View.

I hope users to change the default value of "day", "month", and "year" within the Custom List and Calendar , using Gantt View. I feel inconvenient if users need to change manually "day" into "year" just because of the default setting of "day".

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. be aware of the behavior occurring when accessing the link on the document library's folder of a classic UI.

I hope the following behavior to be improved.
    I am currently using the document library within a classic UI. When I get the link of the deep hierarchical folder and clink the link navigating to the upper layer that doesn't work within the hierarchical lists on the upper screen viewed after getting accessed through the link, an error of "404 NOT FOUND" is displayed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Share invitation popup-window options : don't hide the default options.

Share invitation popup-window options : don't hide the default options. By default the options are hiden : 1) send an e-mail, 2) permission level is set to members group. By default this should be visible, and default level should be Visitor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. disable Office Online.

I am aware of the statement to describe the current behavior that the check box of Office Online license does not work under the URL of https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sharepoint_support/2015/08/12/office-online/. At the same time, 1 year or more has passed since the blog article was announced, so I hope that I will be able to disable the Office Online within Online app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. improve the upload right with ”Edit Item”.

I am aware that in order to upload some items, I need the "Edit Item" right and that the current behavior disables to upload the huge items only with a a Contribute permission. Therefore, I hope this behavior to be improved immediately.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it possible to properly make posts after changing the content type in the discussion board

Changing the content type according to the process below, newly added discussions arent being displayed in the "Latest" view and can only be accessed via the "My Discussion" view.
    This is very troublesome, as one can
    t return to the original order after changing it once.
    Its possible to add items via the ribbon menu, but to fully solve this kind of situation, theres only one option and that`s to rebuild the discussion board from scratch. Please improve this behavior.

The current process

1) Access the corresponding discussion board
    2) Click on "List Settings" in the "List"…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prompt for Metadata when creating a new file using OOS

When creating a new file via the Online Application interface optional and required metadata is not presented to the user for entry.
    This results is in files being created and closed without metadata.
    A prompt to enter the meta data when starting the file would be great.
    If we had the ability to automatically lookup data for such fields if for example department was a column this would be great. We could have an option to lookup from the current users profile "Dept" value.
    I would like to be able to manage the logic in the prompt.
    This would be…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. editing files with local Office apps

When using the default SharePoint setting where files are opened in browser - when the user chooses to edit with local installed Office application -
    Once the file has opened in Word, Excel, Etc., it would be nice if the browser window would close.
    It is counter productive to have a popup come on screen that says "all done you can close the tab now". You are literally adding steps in the workflow to have this lingering window which needs manual input for it to go away.
    please at least give an option in Site Settings that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide a way to manage Checked Out Files across a site / site collection

Currently, if a user uploads a file but fails to complete mandatory fields, the file shows as a checked out file with no checked in version. No other user can see the file so it is like it doesn't exist. We need a report that will check across a site or site collection for such files, and not on a library by library basis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Download in Image Gallery

It would be great if you could implement a button for downloading the previewed images in the modern image gallery webpart. Several customers are using this webpart today and want to enable their employees to download single images (download all as zip would be also pretty cool :) )

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Geolocation services on Sharepoint App for mobile devices

I created a Sharepoint Framework webpart that uses geolocation services from the Navigator type on the browser and works fine on the browsers from desktop PCs, however on the sharepoint app, as it does not request location services permissions, the webpart does not work.

I would like to suggest that for the APP, it should request location services, in that way we could develop webparts that use this feature and create great webparts that work on mobile devices with location enabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve the function of controlling the setting for notification options bulkly by the admin.

For our operations, the notification mail is sent to the users when some changes are made in each App on the site. However, I am a little dissatisfied with the system of notification options to take a time to set by default. I hope the feature will be implemented to be controlling the setting of notification options in a batch by the admin in the future.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve the behavior when a loading error occurs due to access the SharePoint Online server.

I would like to inform you the behavior that when the loading error occurs, then the computer screen freezes with the white out screen. I hope the feature to be displayed the error dialog when a loading error occurs due to access the SharePoint Online server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Implement the behavior for OneNote Online.

I am aware of that when dragging and dropping to move the section, the function does not work at all on OneNote Online. Also, when I synchronize the files with the other clients, the same event has been occurred, then where the order of sections is switched in the files. I cannot find any workaround except the situations allowed me to sign up on the client's account. I assume there is no solutions so far even I tried a troubleshooting to figure out.
    I really hope this behavior will be fixed fundamentally and Improved usabilities for OneNote Online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. implement the additional feature to arrange the column width of a new UI's custom list.

I request you to add the feature enabling to arrange the column width of a new UI's custom list since the wide space causes me of the difficulties in the practical use of its function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. improve the behavior of Outlook screen's [notebook] link.

In case I modify the OneNote's name generated in Office365 groups's site collection by default, I am unable to confirm the [Notebook]'s link within the lest menu at the time of showing the Office365 group on Outlook screen as the notebook that should be. I was advised by the support desk that once OneNote' name has been changed into another one, the [Link to] of the [Notebook]'s link on the site collection screen should should be auto-converted, Outlook's [Notebook] is unchangeable. I have confirmed this behavior recovered along with revert to OneNote name, but at the same time I would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. improve the behavior regarding the screen frozen when clicking [Share with] at the list with a displayed dialog.

I am aware of the behavior that the screen is frozen when clicking the [Share with] once viewed on the upper after showing the item at the list with a displayed dialog. When I asked a support desk about this behavior, I was advised by them that it could be a current behavior.

I understand that this type of incident would not occur if I could have the option of item display. However, we apply the dialog display to our business operation, and there I request you improve immediately this freezing behavior.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mark as final is ignored by Excel Online

When I mark a document as Final in Excel (client application), it is nicely marked as final and I cannot edit the document without clicking "Edit anyway". But when I open the document in Excel Online, no notification is shown that the document is marked as final. I can make changes to the file etc. When I reopen the Excel file in Excel (client application), the document is still marked as Final including the changes made in Excel Online. This flaw makes the whole "Mark as final" feature useless. Please fix!!! Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Suggestion Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base