SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Suggestion Archive

This is an archive of closed or declined suggestions. We’ve retained these items for historical purposes. They cannot be voted or commented on.

If you wish to re-submit a previously closed suggestion please post it to the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Add the function of editing "Formula conversion" via OneNote Online.

Currently, "Formula conversion" function is only available on Office client. However, I hope the feature will be added enables editing "Formula conversion" directly via the browser as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. to improve the display of access list

I hope the access list's feature to be implemented that enables to check which permission settings of site, list, and library the corresponding SharePoint groups and users are used for.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve the feature to hide the profile information of the user who created the items in the Item property.

For security protection, I hope the feature will be implemented to disable displaying the detail information of the user's profile in the Item property even they updated the items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow the admin to operate the privilege settings for the folders at one time in ShaPoint Online.

Now I am switching the software to SharePoint Online from the groupware and then I need to operate the privilege settings simultaneously for the multiple folders at an initial stage.

I think there are some users potentially required the same feature, For User's convenience, I hope the function of the privilege settings will be implemented enables processing at one time for multiple folders on SharePoint Online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. implement the feature the emails as ”In Organization”.

When I completed the setting of receiving the mail only from the "In Organization"s user within delivery management setting, I find the behavior not allowing me to receive the notification e-mail form SharePoint site. As a recipient, I wish to receive the mail via SharePoint along with the setting once completed by the "In Organization"'s user, and I hope the additional feature to be available that recognize the [no-reply@sharepointonline.com] from email address as "In Organization".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve the feature of sending the notification for the admin when downloading the files in Document Libraries.

I am expecting the feature will be implemented that the admin can be checked the files already have been downloaded by the external user.
    For the reason of running the Document library for sharing with only external users, thus it is necessary to check in real time whether the download is completed or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. have me customize the SharePoint mobile app's interface.

I can display the top page with PC view when selecting the ”Home” from the [三] menu meaning the third one in English after specifying a site within SharePoint mobile app, but at the same time, I hope the PC view to be available when selecting the site without choosing the ”Home” from the [三] menu because our users get confused due to operation inefficiency caused by ununited interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be aware of the behavior that PC freezes or shuts down by itself when opening the PDF files via IE.

I am aware of the behavior that t PC freezes or shuts down by itself when opening the PDF files via IE. Specifically, this behavior will occur when opening the PDF file in the Document Library and manipulating the property value continuously by IE browser. (With the modern experience) There is no problem with the above operation of other browsers. Hence, I assume that is a problem on the browser side or cause of the insufficient memory. By the way, I have difficulty in operating a smooth business because of the user required to restart the computer by now, therefore,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. improve the site containing double-byte characters.

I confirm the event that occurs within the site along with the URL containing the double-byte characters. The issue that I experience is that I am unable to open Excel when selecting the[Export to Excel]through a list due to the repeated display of the logging in screen.
    I hope the issue to be resolved because the same event happens within an investigating environment as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it possible to use the same RSS feed as in the old also in the new UI

Quoting customer:

On the new UI, the RSS feed weve been using with the old UI can no longer be accesed.
    It
    s obviously a minus of the new UI to no longer be able to use this feature of the old UI.
    We`d like to have the menu of the new UI display the RSS feed as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to be able to add file attachments to discussion board posts

In the past it was possible to directly add file attachments to discussion board posts. Now however, the [Attach File] button is disabled and files can`t be attached. I want to be able to make attachments like before.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. be aware of the behavior that the cursor location keeps on moving when opening the Excel files with a number of the narrow cells.

When I uploaded the Excel files with lots of narrow cells into SharePoint Online and open them, I am aware that the cursor location keeps on moving left to right so that the contents of files can't be displayed properly. On the other hand, this behavior does not occur once opened in an Excel client.

To pass another comment on this behavior, I suppose there is a possibility that this could be caused by the a number of narrow cells used in the files because I do not see any events happen despite the bigger size of the cells displayed…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Header image

Can we maybe change the header image?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be aware of the behavior that the term store information doesn't reflect to the site properly when updating.

Now I have difficulty in using the metadata of SharePoint, specifically, so far the term store information doesn't reflect to the existed item in the list properly according the correct procces.(It happened sometimes.)

I assume the timer job of the "classification update scheduler" was possibly skipped, then it does not recognize as a difference in subsequent timer jobs. This behavior actually made a huge impact on our business so that I hope the feature will be implemented to solve this problem as soon as possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve the SharePoint Alerts

The SharePoint Alerts are sent for the subscribers only with the Fields that are changed, but it would be better to have all the fields sent in the Alert which would make the user to get all the details with just the alerts instead of logging in to the SharePoint and view the request.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable restricting the creation of Office 365 group on Microsoft Stream screen.

Currently, in the case of the setting of "GroupCreationEnabled" of OwaMailboxPolicy is "False to restrict creating Office 365 groups, but the user can create it from Microsoft Stream screen by the default function.

I want the users to be available using Microsoft Stream, however, the public users should not be created the Office 365 groups. I hope the feature will enable controlling the permission for Office 365 group and Microsoft Stream completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. onedrive empty folder icon missing

In Mysite OneDrive, "Empty Folder" icon URL is wrong.

/layouts/15/Next/odbnext/odsp-media/images/emptyfolder/empty?vSCT=0$$16.0.4507.1000folder.svg" alt="Empty folder">

sould be :

layouts/15/Next/odbnext/odsp-media/images/emptyfolder/emptyfolder.svg" alt="Empty folder">

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. improve the feature for exporting within a survey app.

In case the response results of a survey app are exported, I hope that I will be able to export not only a user name but also a primary e-mail address. I would say it is even more convenient if I

I could choose the exported contents than I export only the information such as name and address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Team Lists member permissions

Lists created on team sites need more granular control over member permissions. I like the overall simplified permissions of teams, either a member or not, but that doesn't equate to wanting every member to be able to change the default view of a list. As far as I can tell this is the case.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simplify the steps accessing to the site collection for the external user who registered on Azure AD.

Currently, an external user is required to receive an invitation email for the first time accessing the site collection by default. Therefore, the admin cannot make a progress to the next steps smoothly due to no confirmations whether the user has been activated or not. For the ease of operation, I hope the feature will improve to allow the external users who registered on Azure AD can be accessed the shared site collections without invitation emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Suggestion Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base