SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Suggestion Archive

This is an archive of closed or declined suggestions. We’ve retained these items for historical purposes. They cannot be voted or commented on.

If you wish to re-submit a previously closed suggestion please post it to the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Add the function of "Preventing the secondary distributed situation" of IRM.

I hope the feature to add the function of "Preventing the secondary distributed situation" of IRM will be implemented.

When downloading the file which IRM is applied, the user is not able to see the file after the secondary distribution. It does make sense that the funtion of secondary distributed situation would be removed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ability to edit publisher files kept in SharePoint Online

Per ticket SRX616081693933729ID I am unable to edit Publisher documents stored in SharePoint Online.

This was an available feature in SharePoint On-Prem. We would like this added back into SharePoint Online. The pain of having to download the Publisher file, save it local, make your changes and then upload it is crazy.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. should be aware of the behavior when changing the [subject line] of the item posted on a discussion board.

When I edit the item once posted on a discussion board and open it after changing the column [subject line], I find the detail in a "breadcrumb list" remains in the same state as that before its change.

Although I am aware of the workaround that could enable to show the information change by shifting an item name into another one along with Explorer View, I am unable to complete the change only in a discussion board operation activity because a discussion board has no feature of "Open in Explorer" so that the screen transition of its board would be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Wishing to complete backup for each site collection

In case I delete site collection unintentionally and it is broken, I hope that I will be able to create site collection beforehand. I do not care about how I do that .
    Ex: I am aware that 50MB is the limit on site template. At the same time, I do know that I am unable to create all of the site collection's backup. I hope I will be able to create site template without any restrictions.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Identify the shipping destinations when importing the data from SharePoint to Office 365 by Drive shipping.

By default, I cannot confirm the shipping destination of the drive due to the documents which related to the Drive shippings below the URL.
    https://support.office.com/ja-jp/article/4eef85f1-3dd1-4b44-bd55-9aea1eb47e50

I understand that it's confidential information, however it would be great the admin could confirm whether the shipping destinations is to Japan or outside of the country even if it's not allowed to disclose the exact address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Regarding Calendar Application

I hope that I will able to use the feature for "Check Double Booking" within SharePoint Online as well. I need the additional feature to show an error stating where I could have duplicate plan when registering my plans.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. develop the feature so as to allow me to synchronize the mobile fields (mobile attributes) within on-premise AD synchronization.

I feel it inconvenient that due to the defaulted behavior at this point,I am unable to complete the on- premises AD synchronization of the SharePoint admin center's profile info even if inputting the values into the [Mobile], and therefore I hope the advanced or modern feature to be available that could enable to sync the information into the [Mobile] because many of our users wish to register their own details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow the user to switch the display for the modern UI or classic UI arbitrarily.

Currently, I am planning to apply the modern UI gradually changed over an in-house operation, however, some sites are required to use in the classic UI due to function availability. I hope the feature will implement to switch the display for the modern UI or classic UI by site collections or site arbitrarily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. improve the behavior that the right-click menu is not shown even if I right-click an item.

I check the behavior that when I get accessed the Japanese name folder's URL once copied through an Explorer View within a document library along with Internet Explorer's another tab, I am navigated into the custom list of the classic UI so that the right-click menu can not be displayed even if I right-click the items.

Additionally, I have confirmed the behavior below in case I carried out the operating pattern above.

The additional processes of functioning confirmed:
    - The behavior that when I got accessed the Japanese name folder's URL once copied through an Explorer View within a document…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be aware of the URL become the invalid address if the section name contains the symbol "()" in OneNote.

I would like to inform you that if the section name contains the symbol "()" on OneNote Online, the user cannot be accessed the relevant URL because of the Top site page is displayed instead of the created page. I assume this event happens when using the symbol "()" for the section name. By the way, there is no problem using “[]”, and "()" is not prohibited to using for it.

Therefore, I hope the symbol "()" will also be able to name for the section name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. be aware of the crawl not running.

I checked the behavior that the crawls have not run for several days since 5th April,2017. I was also aware that the recreation of site index was not implemented nor improved and that the search results have not been shown for several days.
    I was instructed by someone that there had been a possibility of the delay of the server process, yet I here request that stable crawl process should be available and that the server' storage be expanded.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve the feature of displaying only the Business day on SharePoint Online.

I hope the function will implemente to display only the date of the Business day on SharePoint Online. It would be great that if this function is able to recognise the business days in each countries and display on the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. About viewing restrictions

I am aware that there is some cases where Information Management Policy can't be implemented immediately. I have difficulty in finding what the notes are needed to be mentioned. I hope that I will be able to check various restrictions of SharePoint Online on screen by looking into the cautions on the list setting screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Set and display the pictures on the account screen of Office clients via the Delve screen.

In case of I signed in to an Office client with a user account which is in conjunction with SharePoint Online, when I click the [Change photo], the editing view shows on the Delve screen, but the picture or any images are not reflected on the Delve after setting process. The support Team indicated that the feature is not available now.

I hope the feature will improve to be able to set and display the pictures on the account screen of Office clients via the Delve screen. 

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Regarding a file search in document library

Although I make a search for the document library's file along with "$", I am unable to find any files hit by its mark,"$". Consequently, I would like you to include the mark of "$" in targeted information. Additionally, I hope that I will be able to make a search only for a temporary file in library.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. About version management on the new UI.

With lists on the new UI, the list version starts at 2.0 when a file is being attached to and saved with a new item.
    Even though on the old UI attachment versions changed by +1, on the new UI simultaneous text editions and file attachments change the version by +2.
    From the perspective of version management, the difference in the numbering process invites confusion.
    I think it would be more appropriate, if file attachments and text editions would respectively be added to the version as +1 on the new UI as well and as such would wish for an…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add ability to set the portal url of a site collection using CSOM

The CSOM API doesn't expose the capability of setting the portal URL of a site collection: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/microsoft.sharepoint.client.site_members(v=office.15).aspx

This is possible using server-side object model via SPSite.PortalUrl: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spsite.portalurl(v=office.15).aspx

Could you implement this functionality in the CSOM API?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add the feature that can display the user list along with a site collection.

Since I wish the feature of Web part's user list to be applied to one or more site collections, I created a security group. However,I am aware the behavior is not applicable to the security group only among Share point groups. In fact,I am unable to apply a security group within the Web part's member list.Therefore, I request that you should implement the additional feature to enable to show a user list on a site along with a site collection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. disable a specified column to be edited by a regular user.

I do not regard the regular the regular users' edition of a specified column as appropriate although I have them add or edit the items. I was advised by a support that I was unable to be given any rights per column under any circumstances, and therefore, I request you should add the feature that enables to provide us with with the right per column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change the Top Navigation tool-tip to show the Site Description

Change the Top Navigation tool-tip to show the Site's description, rather than just repeating the site name.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Suggestion Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base