Duplicate DocumentIDs created when converting .VSD to .VSDX
When you download an older Visio (.VSD) file from a SharePoint library, convert this file to the latest Visio format (.VSDX) and upload the newly converted file to the same library the .VSDX file retains the same Document ID as the .VSD file, creating Duplicate IDs. Note that the “ID” field is different (ie. correct).
To recreate the problem:
1. create a "vsd" file in visio
2. upload to Sharepoint library and check in
3. download a copy of this file by clicking on link
4. save as "vsdx" file (eg. on PC hard drive)
5. upload to same Sharepoint library and check in
Manuel Habert commented
Did you find any solution to this? We have the same problem.