SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Collection of Closed or Declined Suggestions

Allow owa file attachment direct from your sharepoint sites

Currently when using OWA (365 online outlook) if you click the attach button to add a file to an email your composing, you can only add files from your local PC, Group files or your OneDrive folder, there is no option to attach a file directly from a team site library. (Bizarre when you consider the data is in the same place as your OneDrive files?)
We as a business store many of our files for use in a range of different libraries and currently have to attach them through the 'Computer' link and searching through an open file explorer to our sync'd libraries.
This is not normally a problem until you encounter sync issues (which I hasten to add have become more prevalent of late) at which point you can no longer add a file without first having to download a copy to your PC first and then attaching it to your email - a considerable pain in the posterior!

38 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Thijs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this is the biggest problem in our company to. Still not implemented... Is there a timeframe in which this is going to be solved?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please make it so I can click on a file name in our sharepoint directory to attach it to an email. A lot of older users do not like "shared" documents and want to have an attachment. Having to download the file leads to confusion as to what is the most recent version if changes have taken place recently and the file has been downloaded in the past.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the same for outlook too (not OWA).

The best is to have a option on document library to attach the file directly on the email.

Thanks Microsoft !

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely critical feature (and so basic?)confounds me that it is missing.

We bought in Harmon.ie to make up for this shortfall, would have preferred it was out of the box!

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hope this gets addressed, absolutely key feature to allow user to work from home/other PCs or those with Office Online only.

• Paul Alvarez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this one, 100%

We are in the process of migrating 20 years worth of files, including multi-thousands of files for 4000+ clients. Each client has it's own site. Downloading a local copy then attaching it is completely counterintuitive. My users need to quickly reply to an email and quickly attach one or more files from one of the above 4000+ sites.

I would like to see any sites that are shared with me, appear as a location when prompted to choose: 1) your local PC, 2) Group files or 3) your OneDrive folder

Feedback and Knowledge Base