SharePoint
Feedback by UserVoice

Suggestion Archive

This is an archive of closed or declined suggestions. We’ve retained these items for historical purposes. They cannot be voted or commented on.

If you wish to re-submit a previously closed suggestion please post it to the appropriate forum. Thanks!

Note: we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. hovering column titles

Hi,

Is it possible to keep the column titles hovering at the top of the page, and not disappear as the user scrolls down the screen.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable a solution to change the default sharing options so that "send an email" is unchecked.

Currently when you click "share" on any document or folder the default is that "send an email" is checked. That's fine and makes sense for 90% of business scenarios I can think of, however it would be helpful if you could change the default for a site or a document library. Right now I can only see solutions online that involve changing the code in the aspx and it seems like a patch would change it back anyway.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Undo reverting to classic Sharepoint

I accidentally reverted back to classic Sharepoint, and I would much prefer being on the upgraded version. Please put an easily accessible button to undo the reversion!!! please!!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Newsfeed notification

The email generated to notify users that there was a reply should show the reply instead of having the user click a link to see the reply.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notifications Sharepoint

Bonjour,

Apparemment il est possible depuis peu en cliquant sur "M'avertir" de recevoir des notifications dès qu'il y a modification d'un contenu. Or, il semblerait qu'il faut le faire pour chaque élément, et qu'il n'est pas possible de le faire sur un dossier parent (par exemple pour tous les fichiers d'un même Sharepoint), ce qui est dommage. Il faut le prévoir pour un dossier parent, et ainsi recevoir une notification pour tous les sous-dossiers, ainsi que tous les fichiers qu'ils contiennent.
    Et que cela fonctionne aussi bien pour les modifications, que pour les ajouts, les suppressions, etc.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New Document Library Experience - Navigation & Quick Edit Error

There are some errors on new document library experience. Microsoft support has asked me to provide me feedback here.
    1. Global navigation display differently when I'm on document library, the drop down options became flat and all sub-sites are showing there as well!
    2. Quick edit is not working, didn't show anything when I hit quick edit button.

Please help to check. I suggest Microsoft to do more testing first before deployed this to the tenant to avoid the confusion.

I know that Microsoft do have the plan for change info on admin center. I hope for all this changes,…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Upload over existing document with same name

When checking in a document that has the same title as an existing document, please make an option on the download screen to overwrite existing documents. If you cannot make that work, then a pop-up asking if it is ok.
    Right now, it takes some looking around to find the button that says the document failed to upload. It then takes two more clicks to get the document to upload. This is a hassle.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SUM function missing

I am missing SUM (TOTAL) function for columns.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Custom AppLauncher tiles: push custom tiles to all users

O365 Admins can now create custom tiles and make them available in the My Apps section. But each user needs to add the custom tile to the AppLauncher. It would be easier if admins could decide if a tile is "mandatory" (and thus available in the AppLauncher of every user) or "option" (available inthe My Apps section).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Upload Folders

Do you have any plan to upload folders?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. folder download

Great to have a workable copy , past a move functionality but really need downloadable folders/multiple files function

:)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. check in / out

have the option turn off check in check out

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Search option

I want a search field in the document library!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reminder option for tasks

Can add a "reminder" option for tasks.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Batch/group file downloads

We need group file downloads!!!! Currently you have to download one file at a time, huge time sink.. Thanks for all you do! :)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable WebDAV / Mapped drive functionality like OnPrem Sharepoint

The OnPrem version of SharePoint will easily "map to a drive".

Although O365 SharePoint has the "Open in Explorer" feature, it does NOT allow pasting that URL into other programs; so only Office can read/write the files.

We need to be able to map a drive just like all of the major cloud storage vendors do ... not a webpage that only works through IE with an obscure URL.

The heartbreaking thing is this ALREADY works with SharePoint ... but only if on premises.

I've seen multiple threads about this, and a few "denied" feature requests without satisfying the requirement…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow for file uploads on Excel Surveys

I would love to be able to create a survey for respondents to attach a excel file to their survey response that could then be mapped into a OneDrive folder. I work a lot with remote team members and being able to get a survey response with their qualitative request and have the quantitative data they're asking for would be excellent.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make "Show Toolbar" the default

Or, at least, provide a site-wide setting to enable it as the default. It would save the time required to manually add it to every new view that's created.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calendar overlay limitations.

Currently Calendar Overlay allows to add calendars which are present within the same site collections. It would be good, if it can connect the calendars across all site collections.

Ravi
    Netwoven, Inc

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. improve performance of visio web access in sharepoint online

Please improve the rendering performance of visio web access, 1 min load time for the first user who views it is not workeable these days. In business process file libraries users must be able to quicky view the process diagrams? This decreases adoption rate of knowledge handbook solutions with customers
    More detailed info is referenced in below community support question: https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/299252

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Suggestion Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base