218 votesMatthew Dodd supported this idea ·
An error occurred while saving the commentMatthew Dodd commented
- User picks this option from Sharepoint menu bar, they meant to choose Sync
- Shortcut appears in their OneDrive folder
- User notes that the outcome is not what they intended
- User selects shortcut folder from personal OneDrive, hits <Delete>
- All files deleted, have to be recovered.
I recognise the value of this feature, but the advertising of it in Sharepoint sites with the animation some users are seeing (and these aren't technically skilled users) is overriding their training.
Can we reduce the enthusiastic encouragement of the option, retain the ability to disable long-term (as users increase their competence), separate this option from Sync on the menu bar.