353 votesSharePoint Hybrid and Migration Team responded
Thank you for bringing this suggestion to our attention. While the SharePoint migration investments have been focused on helping the on-prem customer transition to OneDrive and SharePoint in Office 365 using the SharePoint migration tool, we acknowledge that there are additional scenarios like the ones explained in this suggestion that are not covered yet. We are currently considering various options to solve those scenarios, but we cannot commit to anything at this point. Please continue bringing great suggestions to our attention like this one.
An error occurred while saving the commentEilaf Barmare commented
To save sites or lists as templates, we need to enable custom script. For the Office 365 group sites, the feature is disabled by default. You can try the steps below to see if they help:
1. Download and install SharePoint Online Management Shell.
2. Run as an administrator and type the following commands.
• Connect-Sposervice, then input your admin site URL.
• Set-SPOsite <the Group SiteURL> -DenyAddAndCustomizePages 0
3. Go to your Group Site>the list you want to save as a template>Settings>List setting
4. Replace listedit.aspx? with savetmpl.aspx? in the URL.
5. Type the file name for the template and click OK.
6. It will be stored in Settings>Site Settings>Web Designer Galleries column>List templates.
7. You can use this list template by adding an app (Settings>Add an app>Apps you can add).