156 votesin the plans · 11 comments · SharePoint Mobile App for Android · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
An error occurred while saving the commentDaniel Pipe commented
List behaviour is suprising in the app.
1) The app ignores 'views' all together
2) it provides all data in the list to all users... in an unusable way
3) It makes SharePoint impossible to use as a data source in PowerApps because for a list/library to be a data source in PowerApps users must have 'edit' access to the whole list and whilst views are a neat way to prevent users accessing the "back-end" as the default view (only end-user view) can be filtered to [me] or some other limited set of data and the ability for the user to create views can be disabled on a list or library, the users can get around it by simply firing up an android app and bypassing all views and restrictions.
I can't think of a single use-case for building a powerapps app with a sharepoint data source where I would want all users to have the ability to edit all records directly in the sharepoint mobile app. I would always want to control users ability to interact with the data.
1) Please immediately remove users ability to view all items in list and libraries on the mobile app. This would plug the leak for now. If the only quick solution is that the "Lists" hyperlink in the app launches the mobile web-browser view for now then so be it. I will put up with it until a full fix is finished.
2) Please shedule work on intergrating the same views from the browser version of SharePoint into the mobile app... even if it is just some sort of web-wrapper or switch to browser for now... anything is better than allowing this to continue.